Your Eye Examination
Your pre-LASIK assessment will involve a series of eye tests to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. Dr Tan and his staff will also discuss with you the benefits and risks associated with LASIK.
You need to schedule at least 5 hours for your eye examination and consultation. We suggest you have a meal before your appointment.
To optimize the results from your eye examination, you need to observe the following:
- Refrain from wearing soft contact lenses at least seven days before the eye examination;
- Refrain from wearing hard/RGP (rigid gas permeable) contact lenses at least two weeks before the eye examination (the longer you not wear your RGP lens, the better);
- Bring your contact lenses along as we need to record your contact lens power.
Please be advised on the following:
- The eye-drops used during the eye examination will cause your eyes to be very sensitive to light. Bring along a pair of sunglasses.
- Your near vision will be affected for about 24-48 hours. It is advisable that you not drive to the clinic.